Are you looking for alternative app store for your’s android app instead of Google Play Store ? and want to increase publishing value and platform ?
Then, this article for you. As we know Google Play Store is first choice of android app developer but there are too many alternative store , Amazon App Store is one of them popular app store providing same features for publishing FREE & PAID app as Google Play Store have. The main merit part of this Amazon App Store is it’s FREE while Google Play Store charge $25 Registration Fee for Developer Account (One Time Payment).
In this guide, I will share the requirements (including image specifications for branding), for publishing your app to the Amazon App Store and will cover all of the essential steps to follow for publishing an app on the Amazon App Store.
Complete Guide to Submit Android App to Amazon App Store:
Go to this link & create your Amazon developer account. It is very important that you configure payment options right away. This is especially important for those who are offering in-app purchases or who want to monetize their app using Amazon’s mobile ad network.
- Click on “submit”, and complete the tax interview for monetizing your app. If you don’t want to monetize the app, ignore filling out the tax interview. (It’s boring!)
- Head over to your Amazon developer console here.
- Click on Apps & Services
- Click on Add New App
- Select Android, and move to the next page. All the next steps are easy to follow, asking you to provide details about your app and about the developer.
- Click on “Save” after adding the details. Now click on all the tabs above (Availability & Pricing, Description, Images, etc.) and add the details.
- Image Sizes: Listed here are images sizes required for your app submission. In some cases you might be using a graphic designer, so you can share these image dimensions directly.
- Small icon: (114*114px) PNG Format
- Large icon: (512*512px) PNG Format
- Screenshots Between 3 and 10 PNGs or JPGs
800 x 480px, 1024 x 600px, 1280 x 720px,
1280 x 800px, 1920 x 1080px, 1920 x 1200px,
or 2560 x 1600px (portrait or landscape)
- Promotional image 1024 x 500px (landscape only) PNG or JPG
- You also have the option to add a promotional video.
- Click on “Save”. Similarly, click on each tab and add details. You will be uploading the .apk file under the binary files tab.
- Once all tabs are green ticked, click on “submit app” under “app name” to submit for review.
- According to the official help page, it can take up to 6 days to review your submitted Android app. In my case it took about 12 hours, and the app is already live. You can see the ShoutMeLoud app on the Amazon store here.
FAQ about Amazon’s App Developer Program:
- Amazon splits revenue 30:70 with the app developer.
- Creating an Amazon developer account is free.
- The Amazon App Store accepts non-exclusive app submissions.
- More details here.
Do let me know about the other app stores, where you have submitted your Android app? Don’t forget to share this post with others App developer on Facebook, Twitter & Google plus.